weekly whispers

A site for thinking- pondering - creating - growing

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

MAYAN BUCKET LIST - MY LEGACY

I recently read an article by Joseph B. Walker entitled "Live Like a Mayan." The article was filled with humor as well as serious thoughts about 2012 and the Mayan calendar -- AND his article inspired me.

Needless to say, all the hype about the world coming to an end by colliding with the planet "Nibiru" verses the rebuttal stating that we are heading towards a new spiritual transformation is a bit daunting and confusing ....if you care about those things at all.  I personally find it fascinating.  Whatever your take on this,  I think it would behoove us to realize that life is indeed short, and that we should live each day as if it were our last.  That is not to say that we should skip work -neglect our bills -and go skydiving instead - -  I allude to the fact that we are only certain of the moment at hand and how we choose to live it.

So...I have decided to make a MAYAN BUCKET LIST - It was interesting to see what I decided to put on this list -   there are no thrills - no buying new stuff - no seeking fame and fortune.  The mere thought of having only one final day gave me inspiration regarding what I desire to leave as my legacy.  I have about 150 ideas on my list-  so I am hoping that I have more than this one day or one year or one decade ---as I live this marvelous journey called life.

Life is a gift - everything else is decoration.......What do you want to decorate you life with?   faith?   kindness?  love?  laughter?  honesty?  health?  smiles?  ........and the list goes on................

No comments:

Post a Comment